Welcome to Savannah Farm's online shop!
Due to seasonal availability, unfortunately we will not be delivering in September.
Who are we?
Savannah Farm produces high quality beyond organic produce on their farm in the Clare Valley using world proven, natural regenerative farming techniques to produce high quality, chemical free healthy & nourishing food in a fair and ethical way.
Regenerative farming, goes way beyond organic and sustainable systems, setting a new benchmark in natural agricultural processes. Regenerative farming is focused on:
- Rebuilding soils and soil biology to create increased fertility and healthy pastures to heal landscapes;
- Fair food production ensuring socially beneficial, affordable and ecological practices in our business
- Ethical and humane animal husbandry mimicking nature and allowing animals to express their natural character and species distinctiveness
- Carbon sequestration by increasing soil organic matter levels and putting back more than what we take out
- Increased nutrient cycling on the farm, increasing microbial activity by reusing and re-purposing waste and materials
- Chemical Free, Hormone Free, Antibiotic Free, Cruelty Free, Beyond Sustainable, Pasture based farming
- Promoting local economies and increasing the importance of local small family farms working together
The focus we have on healing the planet and our soils using regenerative methods supports healthy ecosystems, which in turn offers animals a naturally abundant and enjoyable environment to grow while producing the highest quality products for your family’s nourishment. Products from our farm include pastured nomadic chicken, pastured heritage Berkshire pork and grass fed beef and lamb. Savannah has been recognised repeatedly for their products and farming methods on many occasions for sustainability at the SA Food Awards, product quality at the Sydney & Melbourne Royal Shows and carcass competitions around the country. Our products have been in demand by Chefs, cooks and some of South Australia’s most nutritionally focused Mum’s trying to heal and nourish their families.
Savannah Farm’s regenerative agricultural methods contribute back to the health of the property by mimicking nature through holistic planned grazing using pasture cropping and continual natural stock movement onto fresh pastures. Our animals all work in the ecosystem together with us, as nature intended, focusing on the soil and pasture health and the happiness and health of all of our lives. Our animals are the most important part of our production as they help us to regenerate our landscape, so we respect them and nurture them throughout their life to the highest animal welfare – without the need for certifications, because we have an open door policy for people to come and see what we do and justify it for themselves.
We are fifth generation family farmers and have set out to build a community of regenerative farmers as by designing a socially responsible intern accelerator program assisting young people who want to farm, a place to do so with some support mechanisms around them as they start. As we embark on this new way of farming, we are looking forward to including a pastured egg system run by our junior farming team on our farm in 2016.
For more information on farming products, practices and philosophy at Savannah Farm, please visit www.savannahfarm.com.au